Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

STREET ART


Continuing the theme of art in public places begun in my last outfit post, I've always been inspired by street art.  I took these few photos while running errands, and they are just a tiny sampling of the work that I pass on a daily basis.


Anonymous or attributed, street art can be found nearly everywhere, and can take the form of almost any media.  See one of my previous posts on the Kenny Scharf mural here.



Because it often exists outside the traditional context for artwork, street art is privileged with the opportunity to give the viewer pause, and possibly make a statement about the relationship between art and its environment.


Street art is regularly covered, removed, or defaced without notice.  Because of its ephemeral nature, I always photograph any work I find interesting, as it may be gone the next time I pass.


I'm wearing the Brooklyn Canvas dress, courtesy of Sugarlips, Uniqlo jeans, an H&M necklace, and Joe Fresh boots.


Photos by Kathy, Chelsea, and me.  Thanks to Sugarlips for their affiliation with Artfully Awear.

8 comments:

  1. It includes a low profile putting with which has information essentially see through looking at. Gems are actually everywhere brazilian hair sale you look not to mention stand out equity approach. This unique singular follow cost's a particular

    ReplyDelete
  2. She threaded her way to the bottom of the switchbacks gucci outlet 2014 and plunged back through the ArkansasRiver, fighting to keep from being swept downstream in the waist-deep water. It was 2:31 p.m. Louis Vuitton Handbags outlet

    ReplyDelete