Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

CHALLENGE: Mickalene Thomas.

I'm excited to announce the inaugural Artfully Awear Challenge!
I've chosen a work of art (below) for inspiration, and dare you to style an outfit influenced by it: a direct representation of the work or a subtle nod to the color, form, feeling of the piece.  Take a photo of your look and send it to artfullyawear@gmail.com by midnight EST on Friday, November 22nd.
I'll post all of the photos here, and challenge one entrant to choose the next inspirational work.

For the first challenge, I've chosen a piece by one of my favorite contemporary artists, Mickalene Thomas.  This untitled work is made with rhinestones, glitter, acrylic, enamel, pastel, charcoal, graphite, and oil on wood panel.  
Mickalene Thomas, Untitled #4, 2013
I can't wait to see your photos!
Plainness in clothing is the enemy of art.

8 comments:

  1. I love this. I assume it's unisex, so I will be submitting, and I shared on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! And darn it- I just passed up a thrift shop dress that was the sartorial embodiment of this piece! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sure you can put something together. I hope you'll still enter!

      Delete

  3. العاب بنات : استمتع بوقتك بهذه المجموعة من العاب بنات

    ، بما في ذلك العاب المكياج واللباس العاب متعددة و متنوعة لتنال اعجابك في هذا القسم من العاب بنات على موقع العاب بيل لهذا قسم ألعاب بنات يمكنك إيجاد كل أنواع الألعاب التي تبحثين عنها أنت وصديقاتك، لهذا فما عليك إلا الضغط على اللعبة التي تريدين لعبها ومشاركة الألعاب التي يبحث عنها صديقاتك وإرشادهم لموقعنا وابدءوا في الاستمتاع بأفضل العاب فلاش بنات وايضا يوجد لدينا تشكيلة اكثر من رائعة من العاب تلبيس بنات 2017 العاب طبخ



    ReplyDelete