Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER



"I think the way people dress today is a form of artistic expression… Art lies in the way the whole outfit is put together.  Take Jean Paul Gaultier.  What he does is really art." --Andy Warhol, 1984




Today is your last chance to see The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk at the Brooklyn Museum.  It was one of the best fashion exhibitions I have ever seen, from the interactive mannequins to the gorgeous array of avant garde and ready-to-wear designs spanning Gaultier's illustrious career.  Did you have a chance to see the exhibition?  What did you think?

Dress: Jean Paul Gaultier
Boots: Dr. Martens
Necklace: Vintage
See my other Gaultier posts here and here.

Photo of me by Kathy Paciello; other photos by me.




9 comments:

  1. I couldn´t agree more.
    Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much for not forgetting about me.
    let´s keep in touch
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and always inspiring.
    You are in my post today.

    ReplyDelete