Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

MOROCCO: the Medina

















Since I have a long weekend on my hands, I've finally been culling the hundreds of photos I took in Morocco in January.  It was, by far, the best trip of my life, and I still get excited when I see the colors and patterns in the photos, which, of course, is nothing like experiencing it in real life.

My favorite parts of Morocco are the medinas, the ancient walled-in cities within cities that feel like stepping back in time.  Walking through the winding streets that are mazes of shops and stalls selling everything you could possibly imagine is an experience unlike anything else.  The artisan handcrafts in Morocco are unbelievable, and I couldn't get enough of the tilework, hand-woven rugs, and leatherwork.

The photos above are from Fes, my favorite city in Morocco.

Next up on my Morocco recap: the Sahara Desert.

4 comments: