Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

MEXICAN DRESS


Here is another snap from my travels through Central Mexico.  I couldn't get over all of the amazing colors - and it made me wonder why some countries and populations are just more colorful than others.  I'll report back on my findings.  But for the time being, this embroidered Mexican dress is one of my favorite souvenirs from my visit to Guanajuato.

Do you have any favorite souvenirs from your travels?  I'd love to see them!

Photo by William Sealy.

7 comments:

  1. I once heard this phenomenon explained by an artist from Uruguay to an artist from Mexico. He first expressed envy towards the Mexican and then discussed how every country has its own palette that its people are raised with, which I think is as distinct as architectural styles, cuisines and other cultural perks unique to certain times and places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and to that point, it's interesting how cultural palettes sometimes blend. Take Gauguin for example, and his Peruvian childhood.

    ReplyDelete