Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

CASUAL FRIDAY



Happy Friday, all!
After this morning's session of Art Lovers' Yoga, I was motivated to post another Matisse-inspired outfit. As one of my favorite artists of all time, Matisse is bound to appear on this blog with some frequency.


The print of this sweater reminds me of Matisse's late work, the cutouts. As I mentioned before, when the artist was bedridden, he relied on cutting shapes out of colored paper and pasting them down to express his artistic vision.


I've always found the cutouts to be extremely powerful for their simplicity and visual dynamics.


Here is an installation shot I captured on a recent visit to the National Gallery:



Isn't it hard to believe that Matisse created masterpieces like this on his death bed?



I decided to pair my Matisse sweater with this necklace which was a recent acquisition. I have a weakness for neon in my wardrobe (case in point), and I think it complements the sweater quite well! To complete the look, I added my favorite jeans and leather mules.


I'm wearing a Twinkle by Wenlan sweater, PRPS jeans, necklace from H&M, and Marni shoes.

Have a great weekend!

[Matisse images from henri-matisse.net, habit-of-art.blogspot.com, and picasaweb.com, respectively.]

7 comments:

  1. beautiful post! i love this sweater and Matisse too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blogs, I wish I could be more bold with my fashion like you are. You are so inspiring

    ReplyDelete