Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

AUTUMN AWAKENING


For the entire month of September, even after the official first day of fall, I'm unwilling to give up summer. It may be that I'm in denial about the coming winter, or just that I'm not ready to put away my maillots or jeweled sandals. But by the beginning of October, I acknowledge that it's time to embrace autumn. In honor of the first day of this month, I decided to wear one of the most fall-like pieces in my wardrobe. This vintage skirt always makes me think of Van Gogh's Cornfield and Monet's Haystacks, two paintings that undoubtedly evoke the autumn aesthetic.


Luckily for me, my Aunt's decor is decidedly fallish as well, and proved to be a perfect backdrop for my ode to the season.

I'm so happy to wear these pumpkin-colored boots again!


I'm wearing a vintage skirt with a vintage crinoline, a Liz Claiborne blouse, belt from Urban Outfitters, Rodarte for Target stockings, and burnt orange suede Lovely People shoes.

Happy Autumn!

15 comments:

  1. "Artista Fashionista!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing skirt, well whole outfit is perfect, but the skirt is no.1!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have such a hard time giving up summer too!! love those boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this ART!!!)))
    Beautiful)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shoes and dress are so nice!

    windowshop78.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit it's so perfect!!!! Makes me wish I could pull out my peasant-y poof skirt, and wear it. Though it wool and way too hot too for Fl...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete