Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

VISIBLE BRUSHSTROKES


If you read this blog frequently, you've probably noticed that I'm very partial to painting as an artistic medium. Having been trained primarily as a painter during my undergraduate studies, I have a deep understanding and appreciation for the use of paint on canvas. I'm of the opinion that painting techniques can be applied to almost any area of life, the most obvious being personal style. [Click images to enlarge.]

If I had to describe my wardrobe in one word, it would be "painterly". I enjoy the contrast between colors and textures, and arranging a composition out of multiple elements. I like to think of each outfit as a work of art!

This outfit is unmistakably painting-inspired, due to the print of the tunic. The bold primaries and visible brushstroke print evoke some of my favorite paintings which literally take the action of painting itself as their subject.

Joan Mitchell, Yves.

A very active De Kooning.

Lichtenstein's graphic take on the painter's mark.

I also wore this tunic/sweater combination in my first ever outfit post on Artfully Awear.

This is my second favorite pair of boots. My favorite green engineer boots have not yet made it onto the blog which is quite a travesty!

I'm wearing a Moth sweater from Anthropologie, Blue Tassel tunic, DKNY leggings, and Franco Sarto boots.

[painting images from stevenalexanderjournal.blospot.com, xradiograph.com, and mikeettner.com, respectively.]

19 comments:

  1. This is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the little swatch! MAGNIFICO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. Love the colors and the background. Where did you find that building? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont even want to comment or add anything to your post, I just want to keep reading you and learn about your art

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty I love your painting inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is your best outfit ; ) a really nice jackson pollockian match ! best !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Franco Sarto boots are so pretty. I don't think I have ever found a pair that I disliked. Yours are ahhhh-amazing. :)

    The colors in these pictures are so beautiful.

    xoxo.

    http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. just found your blog this evening. You're lovely. This is my favorite post of all.

    http://lesyeuxsansvisage-lincolntaft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. e threaded her way to the bottom of the switchbacks and plunged back through the ArkansasRiver, Louis Vuitton Bags fighting to keep from being swept downstream in the waist-deep water. It was 2:31 p.m.

    ReplyDelete