Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

FASHION'S NIGHT OUT



Last Friday was one of my favorite events of the year: Fashion's Night Out NYC. It was a night of extravagant shopping, celebrity appearances, drinks, and dancing, all in honor of New York's fashion scene. Stores are open late and shoppers, designers, celebrities, and others gather together to paint the town red.


Tavi Gevinson, 13-year-old fashion blogger extraordinaire, chatted with guests at Barneys.

Barneys creative director, Simon Doonan, signed his book, Eccentric Glamour, for me!

I ran into some blogger friends, Claudia and Shirley, in Meatpacking!

But the highlight of my evening was meeting Christian Siriano at Payless on Madison Avenue. I wore his shoes to the event, and he loved how I styled them (with a 12x12 blouse and H&M pants). Here I am with Christian and Pat Field:
It was a great night, one of those true New York City experiences. It's so refreshing to see so many people out and about and enjoying the fashionable city life. I can't wait for next year!


6 comments:

  1. A 13 year old blogger? Wow she sounds very intriguing! This must have been such an awesome experience for you! Also, loving your shoes here. They go so well with this outfit, somehow.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete