Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

RAINY DAY INSPIRATION

In my opinion, a rainy day calls for the opposite in an outfit: something bright and cheery to counteract the gloomy weather. Last weekend, I became reacquainted with some works by Roy Lichtenstein. I've never considered him to be one of my favorite artists, but the bright primaries and bold shapes were something I decided to work into my wardrobe. What could be happier than kindergarten colors on a rainy day?
The print of this jacket really reminds me of some of Lichtenstein's still life paintings, particularly ones inspired by Cubism.

















I took these pictures in my backyard, in the rain. Thank goodness for patio umbrellas!
I'm wearing a vintage dress, silk blazer, and belt with neon patent leather Theory shoes.


These shoes are the happiest color, and perfect for the rain. I'll be sad to put them away come winter!
How do you approach rainy days, wardrobe-wise?

13 comments:

  1. Appreciate the weather no matter what it holds and take advantage of the creativiness that inspires that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors your wearing perfect for gloomy days =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also you can select a lot of varieties of gemstone custom cartier replica wrist watches that you can get. This category can differ, one of them is actually, within volume of gemstone hublot replica uk wrist watches. You will find can make that have gemstone patek philippe replica wrist watches for that encounter. Several require only one meant for many of the 12 a long time in the walls wall clock. Various gemstone custom wrist watches retain the gemstone rolex replica wrist watches all through his / her hand replica watches uk rings. There is only one with regard to every single choice! You might be asking yourself just what the price tag on this kind of view is actually. Costs are influenced by a few elements, like the dimension from the rolex replica sale view, the actual clearness, color, material, as well as the quantity of gemstone wrist watches they've.

    ReplyDelete