Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

SUNFLOWER

Growing up at the beach, half of my wardrobe consisted of swimwear and cover-ups, and I still enjoy getting more wear out of them than most people do. It may be September, but I am intent on wearing my maillots as long as the weather permits. So far, based on September's weather, I've wanted to wear little else.


This is an amazing Escada swim outfit I found at The Trunk Show in Charleston, SC. It is a one-piece swimsuit with matching gauze skirt. I was so excited to find this set in my size and in such a sunny color.

The shoes are Sigerson Morrison lambskin heels with copper mesh (LOVE). This is my first time wearing them outside! The hat is by the San Diego Hat Company, the shades are vintage Ray-Bans, and the belt is from Goodwill.

The palette of this outfit and these photos keeps reminding me of Van Gogh's Sunflowers. It is not actually one of my favorite paintings, but it definitely reflects the mood, don't you think?


Long live summer!

14 comments:

  1. love it.
    great pics.
    kiss from Milan
    Nicola freshONpr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love big hats like that!
    windowshop78.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you relate your dress to art. I guess that's the point of the blog. But I like it. Yes I see the resemblance with Van Gogh but I also hate that painting; the flowers look dead!!

    Awesome shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that hat; it makes such a statement to the rest of your outfit. Also, very interesting shoes(:

    Much love!(:

    xo
    arathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look! the colours and the hat especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hat is amazing! like a van gogh flower, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This yellow coverup is GORGEOUS! What a fun, sunny shade. You look great!
    It's my first time on your blog and I love it! Can't wait for more.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete